Thursday, June 6, 2013

Letter #3: April 10, 2009


At Cammy's 1 month appointment, the doctor commented how she had the strength of a 2 month old.  

For Mother's Day, Billy sent me and my mom to Las Vegas.  


Cammy and Papa Joe

My sister-in-law, sister and I all had our first (and second kids within 6 weeks of each other).  Having kids so close in age made me realize quickly that something was wrong with Cammy's development.  

Cammy's cousin, Olivia, is 1 week older than her.  You will continue to see them side-by-side throughout this blog and notice a difference in development.  

April 10, 2009

Cammy,

Today was your 1 months doctor’s appointment.  We were lucky that it fell on Good Friday, so that dad could go with us. 
Dr. Unfer was very impressed with your strength, especially your neck strength.  She said that you have the neck strength of a 2 ½ month old!  That’s my girl! 

Here are your other stats:
Weight: 9 lbs 4 ozs (50%)
Height: 22 ¾ inches (95% - height of a 2 ½ month old)
Head Circumference: 14 ¾ inches (65%)

After our appointment, we went to grandma and Papa Joe’s house to give grandma let grandma know what her Mother’s Day gift is.  I made a onesie for you to wear that read “Grandma, Pack your bags.  You’re going to Vegas for Mother’s Day with my mommy.  Cha-Ching!  Love, Cammy.”  When we got to grandma’s house, she took your coat off to feed you and didn’t notice the onesie for a couple of minutes.  She read it about 3 times before she comprehended it.  She was so excited.  I love going to Vegas with grandma.  I wish you would get the chance to go with her too.  I promise that dad and I will take you to Vegas when you turn 21. 

I love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment