Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Letter #8: June 25, 2009











June 25, 2009

Dear Cameron-

Father’s Day was June 21.  I was so excited to make dad’s 1st Father’s Day really special.  I put one of my favorite pictures of you and dad on a mug with the caption “Happy 1st Father’s Day, Daddy.  You and me… best pals forever.”    I hope you know that dad says “You and me… best pals” to you almost every day.  Then, we got him a Movado watch that he’s been eyeing for a long time.  On the back we engraved “1st Father’s Day.  Love, Cammy.  ’09.” He loved it!

I found a picture of me at your age (a little over 3 months) and tried to recreate the picture to see if there was any resemblance.  Unfortunately, I didn’t see much, but you can see for yourself.  
Grandma gave me this blanket.  She kept it because it was my favorite.  It was a special blanket that we got to use when we were sick.  I hope you’ll like it as much as I did. 


Mommy at 3 months old.
Cammy at 3 months old














Lately, you have been extremely chatty with grandma.  I was lucky enough to catch it on video.  You had about a 3 minute conversation with her.  I love this picture of you taking a snooze on grandma’s shoulder.  It’s right after she fed you.  She LOVES feeding babies.  I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, but you have the loudest burps after you eat.  We call them “Papa Joe burps.”  Grandma loves burping you after you eat.  


We have so many nicknames for you.  We’re afraid you’ll be so confused.  Here’s a list of some of them:

  • BLT
  • Tizzle
  • Little Butts
  • Peanut
  • Peanut Butter
  • Butters
  • Baby Boo Boo

… I’m sure there’s a lot more nicknames to come.

You are 15 weeks old.  Today, we went over to grandma’s house to put you in a baby pool for the first time.  Aunt Meredith bought you a cute bathing suit with matching hat.  You looked so cute.  Unfortunately, you hated the pool.  I’m pretty sure it was because the water was too cold.  We’ll try it again when the water is warmer. 

I love you so much, Cammy.
Mom

PS.  Today, June 25, 2009, Michael Jackson died.  I wonder who will be a musical icon in your lifetime.  Michael Jackson was very big in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s.  A lot of people are mourning, like they did when Elvis died. 




No comments:

Post a Comment