Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Letter #14: January 19, 2010


January 19, 2010

Dear Cameron-

We found out a few days ago that Aaron and Joy had their baby 15 weeks early.  Emma was supposed to be due April 29 and she was born on January 14.  She weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and 12.25 inches long.  She’s in the intensive care unit.  I couldn’t hold a single thought for a few days, worrying about Emma. 

I felt so awful that I had been complaining that you cannot crawl yet, at 10 months.  Aaron and Joy are at their baby’s side, hoping and praying that she’ll live and live a healthy life.  Dad and I have said several times over the past couple of days how lucky we were to have a good healthy pregnancy.  We really hit the jackpot with you, Cameron.  I am so incredible grateful that you are a healthy baby.  I cannot imagine what Aaron and Joy are going through. 

Cameron, I know I’ve probably said this in every letter, but I can’t believe how quickly this time has flown by.  Dad and I felt it was very important that I stay home with you while you grow up.  I hope you are that fortunate one day to stay home and raise your kids.  If not, I’m sure dad and I would love to help out!  J 

Our 2 bedroom condo at 2352 W. Bloomingdale is quickly filling up.  The hike up 3 floors is getting more and more difficult.  It’s funny that when we bought this place, we thought we could easily have 2 kids in here.  Now I see how hard that would be!  I hope we can move within the next few months.  I would love to live in Park Ridge, to be close to grandma and grandpa.  It’s pretty expensive though.  If it doesn’t work out, it’s okay.  I’d rather not work and stay home with you in this condo than go back to work and put you in daycare. 

You’re catching on to things more and more.  You’re getting much better at waving.  You eat pretty well now.  You love cheese.  If you could eat it for every meal, I think you would!  You’re meal of choice these days is ham and cheese.  

Anthony’s 1st birthday is coming up in 10 days.  That means that yours is right around the corner. 

I love you so much,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment