Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Letter # 18: May 29, 2010 - The search is on for a diagnosis...

My parents, siblings and in-laws have been more supportive and helpful than I could ever have hoped for in the search to find out why my little girl is not progressing.  I know my siblings would joke to my mom "Oh Jackie's at your house, again?"  Well, I needed that support.  I needed that love.  And I needed someone there with all these appointments as I sat there like a deer in headlights, not able to remember everything a doctor said to relay back to my husband.  There are only so many days my Billy can take off work when you start (and continue) to have endless appointments.  My mom has always been there in my life and especially now to provide comfort and make me feel like everything will be okay and that she can make anything better (as she always has).  My dad has always been there to give the impartial advice.  In these appointments he was my barometer of how concerned I should be.  

I decided to put this letter into a video and dedicate it to my parents.  They mean the world to me.  They will celebrate their 45th anniversary on Sept 1.  
I know that they are hurting as much as I am throughout all of this.  I cannot fix this for my daughter and make it all better.  They cannot fix this for their daughter or granddaughter and make it all better.  

*** This is your tissue warning to all those who have asked for one in the past ***




No comments:

Post a Comment