Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Letter #16: March 10, 2010



March 10, 2010

Dear Cameron,

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!!!

The year really did go by too quickly.  For the past week, I have been getting all nostalgic.  Dad kept saying “She’s gotta grow up.  She’ll always need you.” 

We made it official at the end of January that I would not be going back to school for the 2010-2011 school year.  I feel so fortunate that I can be home with you.  Who knows how long we’ll be able to afford me staying at home, so we have to take advantage of it while we can. 

I’m so excited that the weather is getting warmer.  I love going for walks with you.  I really love when we pick up daddy from the el and then straight to the park.  I cannot wait until we can go to the pool.  I think you’re really going to like it since you love taking baths so much. 

On your big birthday…
This morning you can a carrot cake muffin.  It is Grandma C’s recipe.  Carrot cake is my favorite cake, so I made you a carrot cake for you tonight. 

Aunt Jenni came over to play with you this morning.

We had music class in the afternoon with Aunt Erin and Olivia.  You seem to really enjoy the class, especially when they bring out the instruments for you to play. 

At night, we had Molly, Bobby, Brad, and Mo over for dinner.  They were excited to spend time with you on your big day.  You dove into the cool whip and seemed to really like it.  Once you got past the cool whip, you really liked the carrot cake.  That made me very happy b/c that’s my favorite cake. 

Right before bed, daddy read you “Birthday Monsters” (it’s his favorite book b/c you gave it to him on his birthday!).  Daddy reads to you every night before bed.  I love watching you 2 read together. 

It was a wonderful day.  You were happy the entire day and night.  You must have been tired from all the partying though b/c you fell fast asleep without a peep! 

Happy birthday, Cameron.  I can’t wait to see what fun this year brings you!

I love you,
Mom





















No comments:

Post a Comment